Posted by Alyssa Schomaker / Sunday, January 29, 2017 / No comments / Alyssa schomaker , beachbody , beachbody elite , clean eating , clean eating recipes , dairy free , dark chocolate truffles , elite coach , truffles , vegan , vegan recipes
Dark Chocolate Truffles
These smooth truffles are vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free. For serious chocoholics. Yum.
8 ounces dark chocolate (at least 70 percent cacao), chopped
1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, for rolling
Assorted toppings: cocoa powder, finely chopped nuts (pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts), and toasted unsweetened shredded coconut.
1. Melt chocolate with oil and the water.
2. Add in vanilla and salt.
3. Get your baking dish and transfer the mixture in it. Refrigerate till it is set but make sure it is still pliable, 2 hours.
4. Get an ice cream scoop and make 1 inch balls. These recipe can make up to 28 balls.
5. Place the balls in a parchment paper.
6. Coat your hands in cocoa and roll the balls to make it smooth.
7. Refrigerate on sheet for about 10 minutes to 15 minutes.
8. These can be refrigerated in an airtight container for upto 2 weeks (if it won't get eaten right away!!)
When serving roll in cocoa powder or in nuts or coconut. Enjoy!
Are you ready to start your health and fitness journey? I would love to talk with you! Email me.