Posted by Alyssa Schomaker / Sunday, March 12, 2017 / No comments / Alyssa Schomaker , beachbody elite coach , Beachbody top coach , chicken , chicken dinner recipes , clean eating , clean eating recipes , health and fitness , healthy chicken parmesan
Healthy Chicken Parmesan
2 chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten
1 ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1 jar marinara sauce, heated
Whole wheat pasta
Fresh basil, for garnish
For the breading:
½ cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon basil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F/215°C.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the panko, parmesan cheese, basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Beat the 2 eggs in a shallow dish. Dredge the chicken in the egg wash, then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
4. Transfer the breaded chicken breasts to a greased roasting pan. Top the chicken with 2 small slices of mozzarella.
5. Bake for 20-25 min, until the cheese and bread crumbs have turned golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F/73°C.
6. Serve with whole wheat spaghetti, marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
Ready to start your health and fitness journey? Join me for a challenge. Email me.